ENTRY ELIGIBILITY PERIOD:
January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016
This year we included three (1) new category: Politics/Government: News Single Story/Feature. In addition, the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS) Awards Committee has reworked the language in our Rules and Standard Clauses. Please carefully read the Chapter Rules and FAQ’s and the NATAS Rules and Standard Clauses for all the necessary information needed to make a proper entry in the 2017 Michigan EMMYS®. If, after reading the rules, you have further questions please use the CONTACT US link to submit your questions.
2017 Mandated Judging Requirements:
By entering, you agree to serve as a judge when asked and that judging must occur during the eligibility date of entries – December 1, 2016 to November 30, 2017.
- If you enter once, you’ll need to judge once
- If you enter twice, you’ll need to judge twice
- If you enter three or more times, you’ll need to judge at least 3 times
We will be closely monitoring who enters but does not judge. This continued pattern of entering but not serving as a judge will result in a $25 penalty fee per entrant name. The rules are as follows:
- Entrants are required to judge as many categories as entered.
- If you enter the EMMY® Awards you are required to judge every 12 months; December 1, 2016 to November 30, 2017.
- If entrant does not judge within the 12 months, the penalty fee is $25 per entrant name.
For first time entrants the Mandatory Judging does not apply. This rule is for previous entrants that entered the 2016 Michigan EMMY® Call for Entries.
To enter the Michigan Emmy® Awards, your work must have had its first distribution in, and have been produced primarily for, the audience in the Michigan market within the designated eligibility period.
Please read the categories carefully and consider content first, when choosing an entry point in our 2017 Call for Entries. It also is important to fully read the Chapter Rules & FAQs before beginning the entry process. Good luck!
THREE BASIC STEPS TO ENTERING:
- Renew your membership to take advantage of discounted rates or join as a new
- Submit your paperwork online for your desired category and pay directly online.
- Upload your video. After the video is uploaded, you’ll be able to watch the content and approve it for submission. See how to prepare your file for uploading and accepted video formats.
Wednesday, February 1, 2017
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
2017 Michigan EMMY® Awards
Saturday, June 10, MotorCity Casino Sound Board Theater