CALL FOR ENTRIES
THE MICHIGAN EMMY® AWARDS CALL FOR ENTRIES SEASON HAS BEGUN. SUBMIT YOUR WORK UNTIL JANUARY 31ST.
Welcome! Check out our 2018 Call for Entries page for detailed entry instructions. You are in charge of your own entries. It is your responsibility to verify and confirm that submitted entries meet all entry guidelines and rules. If you have questions please use email as your first form of communication. It is quicker and more efficient. We answer questions as quickly as possible and your patience is appreciated.
- New Judging Policy – By entering, you agree to serve as a judge. Enter once = judge once; enter twice = judge twice; enter three times or more = judge three times (at minimum). Those who did not complete their judging during the 2016-2017 calendar year will pay higher entry fees during the November 2017 Call for Entries.
Entry fees will be $25 more per name, per entry.
Check your status on your membership profile, and look for the emoji:
There are typically 3-4 opportunities to judge other chapters’ entries during the year (we call them Rounds) and all entrants are notified via email. You can expect to see these judging notices regularly through July/August, after which the judging is on an unscheduled basis – if at all.
What’s the time commitment for judging? 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the category; judging can be done anywhere you have a computer; it’s all online.
- New Categories:
A FEW REMINDERS:
- As always, we suggest reviewing our Standard Clauses to familiarize yourself with all rules, procedures and eligibility information. Also visit our frequently asked questions page (FAQ’s) which will be updated throughout the entry season. Be sure to review the complete Category List prior to entering your submissions.
Double-Dipping: An individual entrant can only be recognized once for the same job function, utilizing the same program content. Double-Dipping Defined – Please Read For Clarification! You are in charge of your own entries…It is your responsibility to verify and confirm that submitted entries are not considered Double Dipping.
This is NOT DOUBLE DIPPING!
- I want to enter my story “Musician Goes To Hollywood”….in the Arts/Entertainment Category #14A. I was Producer for this story.
- I also want to enter the same content in the Craft Category #42A/Editor.
THIS IS DOUBLE DIPPING!
- I want to enter my story “Homeless Preacher”….in the Human Interest Category #22A. I was Reporter on this story.
- I want to enter the same content in a Craft Category #45G/Reporter
- Eligibility period for our call:January 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017. Your entry must have had its initial broadcast/cablecast or transmission between these dates. There are no exceptions to this.
- Entries must have been produced for and have had their first broadcast/cablecast or transmission within the Michigan Chapter’s region.
- Video Upload:All entries are submitted and uploaded using Emmy® Express. You will be required to upload your video entry.
- Membership Discount:If you are a member in good standing with MI NATAS through the Emmy® Awards process (January 31st).
EMMY® EXPRESS – ONLINE ENTRY PROCESS
If you want your work to be considered for the 40th Emmy® Awards, please follow our simple Emmy® Express application process.
All Emmy® entries must be submitted online. It is a simple 3-step process:
- STEP #1 – Become a Member or Renew Your Membership. JOIN NOW or RENEW NOW
- STEP #2 – Submit Your Entry Info and Pay the Fee. Credit card is our preferred method of payment. It is the easiest, and quickest way to pay for your entries. However, we also accept checks made payable to MI NATAS.
- STEP #3 – Upload & Approve Your Video.
39th EMMY® Awards sponsored by