MICHIGAN CHAPTER MEMBERSHIP
The Michigan Chapter of The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences is a membership organization dedicated to excellence in television by honoring exceptional work, past and present; providing professional development and outreach; and nurturing the next generation of television professionals.
We are the only professional association representing television professionals from all disciplines of the industry, serving as the common meeting ground for those individuals dedicated to advancing the arts and science of television. Join us and make a solid investment in yourself, your career and your industry. And, because you get great savings along with your membership, it’s a real value, too!
We encourage you to become a new, or renewing, member today. The more members we have, the more power and influence we have with The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. And that means more benefits and opportunities for you. Let’s demonstrate how all the different TV markets in the Michigan region can pull together! Join today…there could be an EMMY® in your future.
Renew or Become a member TODAY!
Annual Membership Rates for Active, Professional Members
|Traverse City – Cadillac||$35|
Professional Membership is offered to those employed in the television or related industries who make specific contributions to the industry, including executives, technicians, writers, directors, photographers, producers, performers, etc.
Associate Membership is offered to those interested in and supportive of the advancement of television.
Silver Circle is offered to those who have been inducted into Silver Circle.
BECOME A NEW MEMBER OR RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP
MICHIGAN MEMBER BENEFITS
- Affiliation with over 1000 television professionals throughout the State of Michigan, who are committed to the highest standards of professional excellence.
- Access to a National Job Bank, with job postings from all over the country.
- The opportunity for peer judging – you have the chance to judge entries from 10 of the top Chapters in the county.
- Discounts tickets to all chapter programs and events.
- Automatic membership in the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS) organization.
MEMBERS AND ENTRANTS
By entering, you agree to serve as a judge when asked, and that judging must occur during calendar year of your entry. These are your judging requirements:
- If you enter once, you’ll need to judge once
- If you enter twice, you’ll need to judge twice
- If you enter three or more times, you’ll need to judge at least 3 times
- You do not need to be a member to judge
- If you are a member and you meet your judging requirement, you’ll earn additional entry fee discounts for next year’s competition!
There are typically 3-6 opportunities to judge other chapters’ entries during the year (we call them Rounds) and all entrants are notified via email. You can expect to see these judging notices regularly through March/October, after which the judging is on an unscheduled basis – if at all.
What’s the time commitment for judging? 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the category; judging can be done anywhere you have a computer; it’s all online.